On 9/25/06, Josh Treadwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Is there anything we underlings can do for the Ph.D guys?  Has anyone written a "track" to follow for someone incredibly interested in AGI?

A very fair question; and the answer is basically no. I don't have anything coherent enough yet that I can write it up and point someone at it.

Right now, the only AGI project I know of that's heading in the right compass direction is Novamente. I'm not familiar with the details thereof, but the impression I get is that they are doing grounding, but still underestimate the importance/centrality thereof relative to internal computation - but at least they are doing it, or planning to.

Now, Ben was saying awhile ago, IIRC, that he's doing simulated 3D worlds as sort of a side project, relatively loosely coupled to the rest of Novamente, that would be therefore relatively easy for someone else to contribute to without requiring face to face meetings, full time etc. Perhaps you could contribute to that, particularly since you know maths and physics which are obviously relevant in that domain, if you'd be interested?

Ben, does that sound like a good plan to you?