AIXI is valueless.

Well, I agree that AIXI provides zero useful practical guidance to those of us
working on practical AGI systems.

However, as I clarified in a prior longer post, saying that mathematics is valueless is always a risky proposition. Statements of this nature have been proved wrong plenty of times in the past, in spite of their apparent sensibleness at the time of
utterance...

But I think we have all made our views on this topic rather clear, at this point ;-)

Time to "agree to disagree" and move on...

-- Ben