I am very enthusiatic over the idea of humans creating a singularity and hope
myself to contribute meaningfully to this effort down the road. In the same way
that I believe it should be possible to have an AGI, I also believe that there
may very well be other intelligent life out there in the universe. Given the
current estimated age of the universe, other intelligent races may be millions
(if not billions) of years ahead of us technically. If that is so and if an AGI
singularity is possible, it stands to reason that such a thing would already
have been created. If we go with the strongest definition of what the term
"singularity" implies, then is the universe big enough for two?
  Eric B. Ramsay