John Rose wrote:
What I was trying to say is similar to - let's say that you are trying to
prove using only your eyeballs that a certain substance emits light.  If you
see light emitted you proved it.  If you don't see the light then you
haven't proven it because the substance may be emitting light on a
wavelength that your eyeballs don't see.  Same thing with a simulation.  If
we can see it is a simulation with current instruments then it is, but if
not, that just means that our latest instruments may not be able to detect
it.  It doesn't rule out a simulation.

I can't prove that there aren't thousands of invisible pink unicorns flying around San Jose either. But that doesn't make it worth airing speculation about. Only evidence or at least explanatory and predictive power could.
- s