From: Tom McCabe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:39 PM
To: singularity@v2.listbox.com
Subject: RE: [singularity] Implications of an already existing singularity.

Saying that X or Y "could" be evidence of a simulation
is silly. Why would X be more likely to be evidence of
a simulation than ~X? Seeing as how anyone who could
design anything so sophisticated could easily pick
either for most Xs, and since we know nothing about
their motivations, we're rather stuck, with no
evidence for either side. I think that at this point
we can simply use Occam's Razor and drop the whole
"simulation hypothesis", since it produces no testable
predictions that are different from the "real
hypothesis" and includes an extra term.

 - Tom