--- Eugen Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 06:05:01AM -0700, Matt Mahoney wrote:
>
> > I assumed you knew that the human brain has a volume of 1000 to 1500 cm^3.
>  If
> > you divide this among 10^5 processors then each processor would simulate a
> > cube about 2 to 2.5 mm on a side with a surface area of about 25-35 mm^2.
> The
>
> Do you think a beige box can simulate 10 mm^3 worth of human cortex?
> It too 4 kNode worth of a Blue Gene/L to render half a cartoon mouse
> at 1/10 realtime. And the simulation did exercise the interconnect.
> Which wasn't exactly Ethernet, you know.

Did you read my first post on this topic?  In most neural models the important
signal is the rate of firing, which has an information rate of about 10 bits
per second.  Blue Brain is like a transistor level model of a processor.  For
AGI you only need an instruction level simulation.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]