--- BillK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/1/07, Tom McCabe wrote:
> >
> > These rules exist only in your head. They aren't
> > written down anywhere, and they will not be
> > transferred via osmosis into the AGI.
> >

> They *are* written down.
> I just quoted from the FIDE laws of chess.
> And they would be given to the AGI along with the
> rest of the rulebook.

I just explained to you why the rules would be
meaningless.

> > Shooting the player will not bring the game of
> chess
> > into disrepute; people will just blame the psycho
> AGI
> > instead of chess.
> >

> This is not up to you to decide.
> FIDE have an ethics committee which rule on such
> matters.

(laughs)

So what? You're going to bring in a committee to pass
judgment on the AGI after it's already destroyed the
Earth? This reminds me of the story that several
families of the 9/11 victims sued bin Laden & Co. for
pain and suffering.

> And much lesser infringements than shooting an
> opponent have been
> ruled to come under this heading.

The AGI doesn't care what any human, human committee,
or human government thinks; it simply follows its own
internal rules.

> > So what? The AGI doesn't care what humans think;
> it
> > wins the game according to its internal rules, and
> it
> > thinks that is desirable.
> >

> As above, the complete rule book, including
> standards of behaviour,
> would have to be given to the AGI.

As above, these standards say nothing whatsoever about
shooting people.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;