Jey Kottalam wrote:
> On 7/12/07, Alan Grimes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> White on black text, which I have to manually set my X-term for every
>> time I open a fucking window on Linux is the best compromise available
>> for such crippled systems. =(

> [Off Topic]

> Sounds more like a crippled user than a crippled system. I just set
> the default color in my ~/.Xdefaults file.

Fuck you, jackass.

I have not flamed anyone in years, and I when I have, I always took it
offlist. You, sir, deserve it richly and in public.

I am furious at you and everything you stand for. I hate your aditude, I
hate your smug presumption that it is my fault for not knowing
information that is essentially inaccessible to me. I hate every
software developer who expects the user to spend what amounts to his
entire life searching for this kind of shit.

The worst thing about unix advocates is that they think Unix is better
than DOS. It is not.

If Unix was better than DOS then everything except the most trivial of
utilities would be fully interactive and user friendly.

If unix was better than DOS, than most unix console text editors would
be mouse-enabled!!!

If unix was better than DOS, Every program would have a comprehensive
on-line help system or be so self-evident as to not need one.

If unix was better than DOS, Configuration files would always be present
and never hidden. I have been using my unix system for three and a half
years and I do not have a ~/.Xdefaults file.

If unix was better than DOS, the default help system would allow you to
search within a help-file for keywords or arbitrary text. -- not to
mention being fully indexed and searchable. ;)

If Unix were better than DOS, then the system defaults would be almost
identical to what you would want to customize it to. =P

As it turns out, .Xdefaults is only mentioned once in the fucking
manpage and then only in passing. The options you describe, ARE NOT
MENTIONED IN THE FUCKING  MANUAL AT ALL!!! XTERM HAS NO ON-LINE HELP, SO
THEREFORE IT IS HUMANLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO KNOW THAT THOSE FUCKING
OPTIONS EVEN FUCKING EXIST!!!!

There is one fundamental truth that needs to be beaten into your skull
with a 2x4, -- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CRIPPLED USER -- 99% OF THE
TIME IT IS THE SYSTEM NOT THE USER, AND 99% OF THE TIME, IT'S THE
SOFTWARE NOT THE HARDWARE.

Have a look at this: