From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Alberto
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 6:14 PM
To: Andreas (Around the Clock Information Systems)
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] NETGEAR ProSafe VPN Firewall model FVX538v2

Hi Andreas,
I'm using a similar router from Netgear SRXN3205. It's a newer model than
FVX538v2. Firmwares are slightly older than yours. Last public version is
3.0.3-18. I know there are some new in beta. There is no SIP ALG support in
this firmware yet. It does have a single ethernet WAN and I'm using a
Netgear DM111p as ADSL2+ broadband modem.

I have available for testing FVS338, FVS336G and DGFV338, but did not have
experiences with sipxecs with them.

With sipXecs I'm currently using quite a lot sipxbridge to register few
accounts with my ITSP. I'm not using the remote worker function. I did not
test it at all.

I'm having just one major issue with SRXN3205: it seems to behave
erratically with udp traffic after a broadband failure. I have a quite noisy
line that became quite sensitive the day I upgraded my ISP from ADSL to
ADSL2+. It's not too bad actually but occasionally the modem drop the line
obtaining a new IP. While this is not interesting if you're not is such
situation I found that SRXN3205 is not correctly sending udp traffic after
the line is up again. I could reproduce this issue multiple times just
switching of my broadband modem. This happen only with sipxbridge in my
case. It keeps an open udp channel from the time it started for performance
reasons. The router does something illegal after the line is again fully
operational: it send the udp packet on the Internet with source address my
LAN 192.168.x.x sipxbridge IP instead of the public IP received from the
ISP. Basically it stops doing its NAT function for UDP channels established
before a broadband line drop. Packet with such source address are for sure
dropped from the first router out there and sipxbridge will not receive

Don't really know if it is a specific SRXN3205 issue or it could be
generalized to all Netgear Prosafe with at least the same firmware revision.

I could spot the issue doing packet captures on the router on the WAN side.

Regards
Alberto

Andreas (Around the Clock Information Systems) ha scritto:

Anyone out there in sipXecs land currently using a NETGEAR ProSafe VPN

Firewall model FVX538v2 between their sipX PBX and the Internet?  If so, I'd

like to swap configuration examples and lessons learned.

Thanks,

Andreas

Systems Engineer

Around the Clock Information Systems