Is it possible to get Sipx to send both the caller's phone number as well as a
15 character string of user name (or whatever) when placing outbound calls to
an ISP?  Or is there only the 15 character string (which could contain either
text or a phone number)?

From Wikipedia:

There are two types of caller ID, number only and name+number. Number only
caller ID is called Single Data Message Format (SDMF), which provides the
caller's telephone number, the date and time of the call.  Name+number caller
ID is called Multiple Data Message Format (MDMF), which in addition to the
information provided by SDMF format, can also provide the directory listed name
for the particular number.

To say it another way, is there a way that Sipx can send the phone number (DID)
in a way that it will be recognized as such by the ITSP and then transmitted
properly across the PSTN such that normal land/cell phones will recognize it as
the callback number?

I realize I will likely have to work this out with my ITSP, but can you tell me
what Sipx can do from its side?

Thanks,

Jeff