An other option might be to use the directory in the polycom's -- it will
convert the number to a speed dial (or regular) directory entry and display
that info when the phone rings. With 4.0.4 you can also hack up some .vm files
in sipxecs and make distinctive rings on the polycoms (based on the caller
number). The downside is the directory support in sipxecs is confusing (the
only way I've found to create a phone book is by importing it from gmail, in
4.0.4 the .VCS thing didn't work for me at all) and doesn't directly support
any polycom features. You can inject XML straight into your polycom config
files (unmanaged by sipxecs) to get around some of the limitations short term.

-Eric