Todd Hodgen wrote on Fri, 26 March 2010 11:46
> How do you propose to handle this deletion when the
> email server is down,
> unless you also request in this simple change to
> validate delivery also.
> Otherwise, you lose your email server or services,
> forwarded messages are
> deleted and lost forever.
>
> I suspect it's more than just deleting after forwarding
> if you want reliable
> voicemail service.

Email systems are supposed to 1) attempt redelivery for at
least 24 hours on the sending side (which I assume sendmail
does in sipXecs) and 2) make provisions on the the receiving
side for an alternate mail server to accept, store, and
relay the message if the primary email server is down.  The
combination of these two items can make it very reliable.  I
would be happy to "just forward and delete" given the above
two facts and this would be a simple option to add to
sipXecs VM system.