I'm looking at your product with keen interest, hoping it will work for me
one day...

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Jean-Hugues Royer <jhro...@joher.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm one of the people behind VOP, your comment "Voice
> Operator Panel (VOP), and it's nice use of SIP REFER" raised
> my recent google alert and I figured I could help :)
>
> A REFER is used to ask a phone to initiate an
> INVITE/Replaces to another phone.
>
> The Refer-To field is used to tell the phone what is the
> contact of the other phone where to send the
> INVITE/Replaces.
>
> In your case the Refer-To contains "mailto:2...@alsterph.lan";
> as the remote contact.
>
> My guess is that the router can not resolve this SIP URI
> (its host) and then is unable to know where to send the
> INVITE/Replaces.

With sipx, it is usually its own DNS server, and sets itself up to propogate
all the records, including SRV records. Using an IP address would be
counterproductive and contrary to the goal of the project (I think).

> In our software we have an option to use the remote URI
> instead of the remote contact in the Refer-To field to
> avoid/solve this problem. (but it breaks the REFER RFC3515)
>
> You can check if your phone has this kind of option, or you
> can modify your cisco DNS server to be able to resolve this
> host(alsterph.lan) or you can change your internal phones
> contacts to IPs instead of hosts.
>
> Hope it helps !
>
> PS: This answer is posted from forum.sipfoundry.org I hope
> it gets trough the corresponding mailing-list.

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.