From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Johan
Reinalda
Sent: April 2, 2010 2:03 PM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: [sipx-users] Newbie: AudioCodes configuration help

All,

we are testing/researching sipX 4.1.7 for potential campus use.
Got the centos5 installer setup & working with two instances, and a
handfull of Polycom 330/430 phones no problems. Voicemail, calls, etc
all work fine.

Just purchased some AudioCodes devices (an MP 1000 for gateway testing,
and several MP112-SIP to simulate FAX lines.)
All are running firmware v5.80A...

Configured the devices in sipX as a gateway, and several phones (with
lines).
Followed
http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/HowTo_configure_AudioCodes_SIP_Ga
teway_with_sipX
and configured dhcpd accordingly (see below)

We can login to the devices' web interfaces, but cannot get them to
register. Manual configuration of the devices is the next step,
but we were under the impression that this would be automatically done
by sipX
(we see the ini files in the tftp directory)

Any suggestions as to what we may be missing ?

Thanks,
Johan

part of dhcpd.conf:
Note that the firmware files are not actually in the tftp dir, but these

are the image names
that are already in the devices.

#AudioCodes FXS and SIP-PSTN Gateways
group {
         next-server 10.64.8.101;

host audiocodes-mp112-1 {
         option host-name "mp112-1";
         hardware ethernet 00:90:8f:26:1e:15;
         fixed-address 10.64.8.51;
         filename "MP112_SIP_F5.80A.023.006.cmp;00908F261E15.ini";
}

host audiocodes-mediant-1000-1 {
         option host-name "mediant-1000-1";
         hardware ethernet 00:90:8f:27:67:fc;
         fixed-address 10.64.8.61;
         filename "MP1000_SIP_F5.80A.023.006.cmp;00908F2767FC.ini";
}

#end of group
}