Commenting on domain vs. Hostname...

Devices that don't do proper SRV lookup assume domain is hostname instead of
looking up the SRV and getting the hostname from it. These are 2 different
things. If your vendor does not have the logic in his product to perform the
SRV lookup and resolve it, it can be a problem.

A workaround would be to add an "A" record to the domain itself with the
same IP address (Snom). When configuring a counterpath softphone one never
inputs a hostname, just the sip domain name.

In your case, if we are talking about a cisco router with a FXO or PRI card
in it, it is more likely a configuration at the router if everything else is
working.