From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
<sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org>
To: ronald teng <ronaldt...@gmail.com>
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org <sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Sent: Sat Apr 03 08:02:25 2010
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] calls from PSTN to operator(AA)=ok but transfer
from operator to an extension=failed

Hi,

I will assume that you meant still not working.

 From the cisco logs the only thing in which was weird at first sight
was that you had IPs in every SIP URI (request/from/to/contact) _but_ in
the REFER Refer-To field where you had "2...@alsterph.lan".

Since the cisco accepts the REFER (202 Accepted) but he doesn't generate
an INVITE to "2...@alsterph.lan" in response and issue a "503 Service
Unavailable", the most obvious answer is that he does support REFER but
he is unable to decide where to send the INVITE to "2...@alsterph.lan".

I have very basic cisco knowledge, but the answer probably lies in how
the cisco internally decides where to send an INVITE to "2...@alsterph.lan".

Normally if he has no pre-configured way to know it, he should issue a
DNS SRV request for "alsterph.lan", from this DNS SRV request he will
get the transport (tcp/udp), the host and port where he has to send his
INVITE packet.

So what I offered you was to first check/create a DNS SRV for
"aslterph.lan",  or in last resort to use an IP instead of a host/domain
in the "2...@alsterph.lan" transfer target which is probably the easiest
(but not nicest) way to solve your problem.

Regards.