Hi,

Glad I could help.

Now you got it is working I advise you to take some time when you can to investigate why the Cisco was unable by itself (without a configured route) to decide where to send the INVITE, you probably have an underlying problem that you masked by this quick fix that might reappear in other conditions.

Regards.

ronald teng wrote:
Hi Jean,
Thnx for highlighting to me why it's not working...i got it working now....im soooo happy i feel like crying.
It was an issue w/ one of my dialpeers on cisco.

my previous config was:

dial-peer voice 10 voip
 description ***  SIP trunk from router to SipX ***
 *destination-pattern 100*
 voice-class codec 1
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:10.9.20.254
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad

it seems this is the only dialpeer i have pointing from the cisco gateway to the sipX machine....so when we ask the gateway to take us to other extensions (e.g. 210) it doesn't know where to send it. I corrected it to "destination-pattern ..." and everything's now up and running. Will be trying to feature sets from here on out. Thnx so much again for your and everyone elses input. Couldn't have fixed this w/o ya'll.

Regards,
Ron