I think you guys are missing a really big point here.  A company developed the
support for Polycom so they could sell it in their commercial offering.  That
is why it is there, they created it and donated it back to the open source
product, so they would have a product to offer to their customers.  The rest of
us benefit from it.

Nobody has created a commercial offering for sipXecs selling Cisco phones.  And
why would they, compete with Cisco with Cisco Phones, it makes no commercial
sense.

SO, if you are inclined to use Cisco phones for your offering of sipXecs, by
all means step up and make it an incredible user interface to support your
business needs.  But to come here and complain that the developers who are
developing features for this open source product for their commercial agenda
just seems silly.   You are not looking at the issue with an open mind.   Just
stop and think about it.

It is 100% clear that Polycoms are supported - it is 100% understood that a
company build the templates for them.

It is also 100% clearn that nobody that wants the Cisco's supported has stepped
up to the plate to create the necessary templates to make it easy on the rest.
What really is the point here of rehashing what is obvious to most people
already.

BTW, you can buy a Tom Tom GPS and use it in your Lexus.  But, I wouldn't
expect to be able to integrate it into the dash like the one Toyota sells, and
I would not even consider going into Toyota dealerships and expecting them to
integrate it for me just because I own their car.