I understand.

EVEN if you are using siptrunking, making a dial plan change during working
hours will not disrupt any in progress calls (only proxy and registrar are
reloaded).

This type of change is designed to be flexible and implemented during the
work day. If you were making a change to the trunking service itself, using
the internal SBC, that would pose a different result of services to be
restarted, and would tear down calls in progress to the itsp.