On 6/24/10 2:59 PM, Tony Graziano wrote:
Mine works without 012.

Feel free to comment on the JIR. Though I hate to use prefixes that are system specific, I never think its a good idea. I can dial 1234 it stays local, I dial 1234*256, it knows its an ISN number, does the lookup and routes the call. I don't think it should be that hard. It's more a phone dialplan and implementation choice.

for users, and 'most likely scenario'.  we chose to do what used to be really impossible 'back in the day'.
a dial plan that allowed for instant dialing of 4 digit extensions, and 10 digit US based numbers. (extensions from 1000 to 1999, features codes (hunt groups, pickup, intercom) at 500x, 600x, 900x (no, we don't allow 976.. oh... perfect. I think I will redirect anyone dialing 976 numbers to the screaming monkeys)

(too many stupid people dialing 9911. when they though they dialed a 9, hung up, dialed a 9 again, and then dialed the 1 for LD).  heck, I remember the person who did this at least once a week, we never figured out how he did it.  we didn't fix it till we went to 10 digit dialing.
too many stupid people who have a cell phone that used 10 digit dialing.
too many stupid ATT folks who put SOME local calls at 7 digit dialing, some 10, some 10 digit numbers as LD.

most likely, no one will dial ISN numbers but me and some of the propeller heads.  we can remember a 012.
a *0 might do it also..hmmm  but I remember international (011) so 012 won't be too hard.

and, I assume ISN mentions it since it is a compromise anyway.

Now my brain hurts.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> | SECNAP Network Security Corporation
  • Certified SNORT Integrator
  • 2008-9 Hot Company Award Winner, World Executive Alliance
  • Five-Star Partner Program 2009, VARBusiness
  • Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
  • King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.