On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet)
<mkitchin.pub...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I opened the JIRA issue
> http://track.sipfoundry.org/browse/XX-8660
> One additional note regarding my email below. It was 4.2.0 (not 4.2.1)
> systems I had that I verified the auto discovery feature worked
> perfectly, so I'm not exactly sure when it broke.
> For me personally, this is a major issue. This breaks the only method we
> use for provisioning new handsets. In some cases it was convenience, but
> in others it was an absolute requirement.

I checked the source for sipXprovision and there was a change made on
5/25/10 that was after avaya release 4.2.0 but is in our 4.2.1 release

commit message
  r18917 | paul.mossman | 2010-05-25 13:38:37 -0400 (Tue, 25 May 2010) | 3 lines
  XX-8437 Support auto-provisioning Avaya IP 1200 Remote Worker phones
  Avaya IP 12x0 provisioning file requests prefixed with
"/phone/profile/tftproot" are now handled.

and looking code, although i don't see any issues, sections of the
code could certainly be causing issues for other phones.  Is there
anything in the sipXprovision log that maybe indicates it's being
recognized as the wrong phone?