Attached is a tool to check loading a system library. Download the
.class file to a directory and run the following in that directory:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXcommons
java -cp . CheckLibrary hostname
java -cp . CheckLibrary ssl

I've attached the source file in case you're curious or wish to
compile it yourself.

I also found in the source something that tries to look for .so in
certain paths so if this work, then the bug is probably in the path
parsing code.