ok, so this is what i did:

1 ) I renamed the repo under /etc/yum.repos.d to CentOS-Base.repo
2) removed the SipX info at the bottom of that repo
3) wget
http://download.sipfoundry.org/pub/sipxecs/sipxecs-4.2.0-centos-i386.repo
4)ran "yum update", that updated 242 packages.
5) logged into sipx and didn't see a difference, so I restarted.
6) verifyed everything works.

/etc/redhat-release now reads "CentOS release 5.5 (Final)"

7) changed base url to 4.2.1
8) ran "yum update" again and it says "No packages marked for update"

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks Bryan

-Bryan Anderson