I think that bringing up Zenoss is a bad example. The code and
documentaqtion is openly available for sipXecs. Documentation and User
Manuals are two different things.

BTW -- Zenoss is based on Zope. Zope is cool and a neat way to handle
network monitoring, but isn't zope full of security holes too? I think
it's funny. laugh.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Nate <nba...@procaresystems.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I would like to see a list of what documentation eZuce has,
> what cost would be associated with getting access to that
> documentation, and what the differences between OpenUC and
> sipXecs community are.  Should I contact you off-list for
> that information?
>
> The problem with paying upfront for documentation and OpenUC
> is we would need to be sure it's going to work for us.  If
> we want to test some scenarios in a lab to make sure it will
> work for our situation without paying for support, we're
> stuck with the community documentation.  Depending on what
> that cost is, it may not even be an issue.
>
> My point about the Zenoss reference (which people not
> familiar with Zenoss would probably not get) was that the
> administration guide for Zenoss Core is available to the
> community but created/updated by Zenoss.  I just think it's
> difficult for the community documentation to stay current
> without some commercial backing.  People are usually
> crunched for time and when they solve a problem, they put
> off documenting it and eventually forget about it.
>
> Thanks,
> Nate

Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4