Tim - we really appreciate the feedback.  The following might help add some
additional perspective:

-          We need the community's help to keep improving the open source
edition, especially as it relates to documentation on our Wiki and
elsewhere, but also for specific features important to the community.  We
will make every effort to incorporate contributions timely and properly

-          The UI can and should be improved

-          Our commercial edition, openUC, is positioned for larger
enterprise and not SMB.  This is the reason why certain features and design
considerations are not optimized for the SMB market

-          SIP trunking is one of these features.  Large enterprise will
always use a commercial SBC and not sipXbridge.  They also do not use
voip.ms

-          We think the SMB market moves into the cloud and away from
on-premises installations.  The requirements for technology needed to build
large scale cloud based systems is very different from on-premises installed
SMB systems.  Our engineering effort is focused on where the market is
headed

-          We think that this industry transitions to IT and away from
legacy systems and also away from the traditional VAR model.  Most VARs,
especially the many small ones, are in trouble already.  We can help VARs
transition and we work with partners to develop managed services offerings

-          We think that clients move into the Web with html5 and browsers /
mobile apps capable to do real-time comms

-          Training and docs as well as support are available very similar
to e.g. Cisco as mentioned below, but as part of the commercial edition

Open source and commercial editions go hand in hand; they both need each
other to exist.  Every customer or reseller has a choice to work with either
edition and there are benefits to both, but it often helps to clearly
understand the two models.  Our goal is to establish the undisputed leading
and open UC solution in this new market that unfolds on the IT side.  We
have proven our viability even in very large deployments, our customers have
saved substantial amounts, our users are happy, our support is highly
regarded, and our partners (VARs and resellers) have built a business.

--martin