if you're trying to do it through your VPN tunnel, why aren't you just
going to the internal IP of the server???

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Tony Graziano <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net
> wrote:

> this is because tftp does not work over the raw internet (nat). this is a
> limitation of the tftp protocol. this is why ftp is also a choice. you
> m,ust nat ftp through your firewall.
>

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Stiles Watson <wat...@datatek-net.com>wrote:
>

>> I'm trying to get a Polycom 335 to work remotely without VPN. The phone
>> registers and everything works except contacting the boot server.
>>
>> Registration Example:
>>
>>  sip:1...@mycompany.com <sip:141@REMOTE_WAN_IP
>> :5060;x-sipX-privcontact=REMOTE_LAN_IP>
>>
>> On the phone, under the ServerMenu,
>>
>>    - ServerType: TrivialFTP
>>    - ServerAddr: tftp%3a%2f%2fxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (where xxx... is the WAN
>>    IP of the company network), I've also tried just the WAN IP.
>>
>> Under DCHP Menu, the default is Custom+Option66. I've also tried static,
>> but since the phone is getting its IP from a home router, there are no
>> options setup. From the Polycom docs, it says if nothing is returned from
>> the DHCP attempts, it will try what is configed in the Server Menu.
>>
>> I looked at the wiki but did not see anything about boot server for
>> remote polycom phones.
>>
>> I have NAT policies and firewall rules setup to forward port 69 to the
>> sipX server and allow the traffic through to the sipX subnet.
>>
>> Stiles

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Tony Graziano, Manager
> Telephone: 434.984.8430
> sip: tgrazi...@voice.myitdepartment.net
> Fax: 434.465.6833
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Linked-In Profile:
> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
> Ask about our Internet Fax services!
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> LAN/Telephony/Security and Control Systems Helpdesk:
> Telephone: 434.984.8426
> sip: helpdesk@voice.myitdepartment.**net<helpd...@voice.myitdepartment.net>
>
> Helpdesk Customers:
> http://myhelp.myitdepartment.**net<http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net>
> Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net

Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square****

Suite 201****

Andover, MA. 01810