Curious about the Galaxy Player, can it be used as a handset, or is it
speakerphone only or bluetooth required?

Regarding iPhone apps, we tried Acrobits SIP and Acrobits Groundwire (a few
more biz features such as transferring), both are polished apps and worked
very well. As Tony pointed out, battery life suffers (figure on less than a
day's charge), and your quality experience will rely strongly on your wifi
deployment. The ability to have a device that allows you to work with
business apps as well as communication (email, voice, txt) is priceless,
but in the end we did not deploy this type of technology due to our high
noise environment, large glass in a fairly tough environment, and the need
to have devices with battery life that could extend beyond two shifts (16
hours).

We chose the KIRK line because of excellent battery life, excellent (almost
scary) signal penetration in our factory environment, abuse survivability,
and the ability to send targeted alerts to the phones (maintenance alerts,
etc) with the 6000 server and 6020 phones, which replaced lost
functionality that the iOS/Android platform would have delivered primarily.

Your scenario seems to be different, and the iOS/Android choice may be a
truly tenable solution, given the deployment of a high quality wifi
environment.

Philippe

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Tony Graziano <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net