Yes , We do use ESX VMware, with your confirmation that the scheduled Backup is
tested, the picture is then completed :-).. Thank you so much Matt.
you guys are awesome!

From: Matt White [mailto:mwh...@thesummit-grp.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:22 PM
To: skhan...@gmail.com; sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] SIPX Backup

If your using VMWare ESXi/ESX then you can schedule snapshots via vCenter, cron
via the shell, or using VMA.

All you really need is the vmdk file.

We typically create a snapshot and then use rsync to copy the vmdk.  It works
well.  Ypu could also just using scp to move the file.   We can then restore
the VM simply by dropping the vmdk file on to any vmware platform.  We have
even spun up a backup vmdk on laptops running VMWare workstation in case of DR.

And the snapshots also save you in case yum update breaks your install.  You
can just roll the whole thing back.

-M

>>> "S.K.- G" <skhan...@gmail.com> 05/27/12 8:18 AM >>>

That’s awesome. I will dig further into this method and give it a shot. It
would be great if the Snapshot can be scheduled rather than doing it Manually
:-)
Greatly appreciated Matt !
Saad