The problem with the old ACD, every time I tried to use it, was that it was
fragile.  Do this, don't ever do that, etc...  Any time I tried to use it
in a situation the customer (and then ultimately me) had a bad experience.

If they can make it stable, and make it so you can transfer calls out of
queue that would be awesome.

Most people don't need a real ACD (even though they think they want an
ACD).  What they need are fancy hunt groups which is exactly what the 4.4
ACD does.

Work has begun on a new hunt group app that will hopefully alleviate the
need for an ACD in cases where it really isn't needed.  This will be based
around some new code and involve a B2BUA that can 'own' the call and then
hunt out.  This will be in contrast to how hunt groups work now where it's
a SIP messaging nightmare.

Circular hunt groups, linear hunt groups, being able to ring the same
extension at more than one point in a hunt group are all envisioned.  At
some point I'd even like to see users be able to (from a phone or user
portal) login/out of hunt groups, or only ring certain users for different
days/hours in a hunt group.

With the current workload I wouldn't expect anything until 4.8 though.

Thanks,
  Mike

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Matt White <mwh...@thesummit-grp.com>wrote:

> Funny, the beep is one reason my customers wont move to openACD. OpenACD
> for my customers that need a true ACD.  The old ACD worked well despite its
> bad rap.
>
> We have a developer working on get sipXacd ported over to 4.6 so there is
> hope yet.
>
> As to your specific issue, I don't think the tone is an audio file, so you
> would need to create a patch to remove it.
>
> -m

> Thanks Tony, one thing that made me go back to 4.4 ACD was the CallerID
> and DNID! In 4.4 ACD when a call arrives; an agent would see a Queue name
> and the Line extention in CallerID but in OpenACD even the DNID changes to
> agent extension number; therefore prevents me from knowing what number was
> dialed!! This was my primary result, do you see this as well?
>
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Tony Graziano <
> tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> wrote:
>
>> fyi - If you are referring to the existing ACD (not openacd) I don't
>> think any resources are going into it as it is being removed in favor of
>> the openacd integration starting up in 4.6.
>>
>>  On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Ali Dashti <ali.das...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  This could be a very old issue! I was wondering if there is a way to
>>> remove the beep heard a short moment after an agent picks up a call on
>>> ACD!! Thanks.

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Tony Graziano, Manager
>> Telephone: 434.984.8430
>> sip: tgrazi...@voice.myitdepartment.net
>> Fax: 434.465.6833
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Linked-In Profile:
>> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
>> Ask about our Internet Fax services!
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab
>> 2013!
>>  <http://sipxcolab2013.eventbrite.com/?discount=tony2013>
>>

>> LAN/Telephony/Security and Control Systems Helpdesk:
>> Telephone: 434.984.8426
>> sip: helpdesk@voice.myitdepartment.**net<helpd...@voice.myitdepartment.net>
>>
>> Helpdesk Customers:
>> http://myhelp.myitdepartment.**net<http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net>
>> Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net

Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square****

Suite 201****

Andover, MA. 01810