from the command line using the same certs and the TLS
negotiates fine.  I also had it configured pretty much
identically in 4.4 and the Sipx cert was sent.  Oh and I
tried with the self-signed cert as well and got the same
results.

As for transport, I have the gateway configured with TLS as
the transport.  Since TLS tries to negotiate, it would
appear I at least have that part correct.  I'm not sure how
to set logging on Sipxbridge to debug.  If I can get some
guidance on that, I'll upload ASAP.
John