From: Andrea Righi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:16 AM
To: Shariq Minhas
Cc: sisuite-users
Subject: Re: [sisuite-users] Kernel Panic EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock
CentOS5 and Perc5i

Shariq Minhas wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> I tried again and managed to get past the error this time.  The trick was to
> specify all the kernel boot parameters in a local.cfg file when running
> si_prepareclient.

That actually means ignoring the ramdisk_blocksize and ramdisk_size
parameters and fallback to the defaults. Interesting... I'll add a
comment in the troubleshooting guide.

> Now I have a different problem in that the imaging apparently finishes
> cleanly and asks for a reboot.  However, on rebooting it cannot read the hard
> disk anymore and kernel panic occurs again.

Probably your boot-loader was not correctly installed.

Which versions of SystemImager / System Configurator are you using? Which
distribution are you trying to image? Which versions of grub/lilo/... do
you have in your image?

-Andrea