Also, "first comes wins" is completely out of the picture here.
The "bidding" is really just a priority, equal to the (additive) inverse
of the percentage used (of their fair share). The result will be that
in the maximum loaded case everyone gets the same percentage (100% of
what they are entitled to), while at a lesser load everyone (who tries
still gets the same percentage (ie, 130%), while others that don't
want script memory would voluntary stay at 70%.

It's a very good and honest system. Still need to build in a little
hysteresis to avoid it being instable, but those are minor technical
details that can be solved once the Lindens agree that this is more fair
and less of a waste of resources.

--
Carlo Wood <ca...@alinoe.com>
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev