Ok, example, as it seems as thread goes on things get confusing:

let's take the node /a/b/c

The ACL on /a/b/c is build as follow:

ACEs on c
ACEs inheritable from b
ACEs inheritable from a
ACEs inheritable from /

Then to check security, slide takes the requested permission (eg /actions/read)
and the requested user (eg unauthenticated). Slide then follow the ACL build
previously
and read it from top to bottom. The *first* ACE found which match the user and
the
requested permission applies (this could be, for example, /actions/read on user
all).
If the matching  ACE is a grant, then permission is granted. If the matching
ACE is a
deny, then permission is denied.

> bonus. :-)
>  How can we know exactly what ACEs to put to grant or deny a permission
> (how Slide processes permissions exactly ?)
Just put them in order on /a/b/c, the first to match is applied.
Don't forget when you add permissions to a node already having permissions,
the new permissions you add are put at the top of the list.

--
David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?