Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 04.01.2008, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
>> I like the versioning scheme.
>>
>> I have one question regarding branches, you write:
>>
>> "For branching, the branch always gets an incremented micro version
>> number. For example when branching off _2.1.1-SNAPSHOT_ the branch
>> version would be _2.2.1-SNAPSHOT_."
>>
>> The text says increasing the micro version while the minor version is
>> increased in the sample. Which one do you mean?
>
> Oops. This is an error, I meant to say "an incremented minor version
> number". The example is correct. I'll fix it in the text. Thanks.

Ah, ok :)

Now, I think we should just leave branching out for the moment as we
might not need it. We should avoid branches whenever possible. And if we
need it, I can imagine that we decide on a per case basis what the
versions of the branch and trunk will be.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]