Hi Carsten,

Am Dienstag, den 08.01.2008, 07:55 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> It's difficult to tell what is going wrong from here, but one possible
> problem could be the startup order of the bundles. I've put most of the
> "org.apache.felix.*" bundles into the WEB-INF/resources/corebundles
> directory which ensures that these bundles are loaded before the bundles
> of WEB-INF/resources/bundles.

Except for one case (see below), startup order of bundles MUST not make
a difference. Otherwise there is an issue with the bundles having
problems.

One example might be a registry class (like the now fixed
SlingServletResolver) which does not cope correctly with servlets
registered before the registry class (component) is activated: Here
these servlets are not handled correctly and hence not seen. This is a
problem of the registry and not of the start order.

The one exception, I mentioned above is the LogService: Although it is
not technically required to start the log bundle before all others, it
is of course very convenient to have it loaded as early as possible to
get as much logging through the official log channel as possible.

Therefore the log bundle is the only one in the corebundles folder,
which is accessed first. This is the hardcore way of ensuring this.