Felix Meschberger wrote:
Hi Carsten,

Am Dienstag, den 08.01.2008, 07:55 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
It's difficult to tell what is going wrong from here, but one possible problem could be the startup order of the bundles. I've put most of the "org.apache.felix.*" bundles into the WEB-INF/resources/corebundles directory which ensures that these bundles are loaded before the bundles of WEB-INF/resources/bundles.

Except for one case (see below), startup order of bundles MUST not make
a difference. Otherwise there is an issue with the bundles having
problems.

One example might be a registry class (like the now fixed
SlingServletResolver) which does not cope correctly with servlets
registered before the registry class (component) is activated: Here
these servlets are not handled correctly and hence not seen. This is a
problem of the registry and not of the start order.

I think there are more potential problems - one of them being SCR. If bundles requiring SCR are started before SCR, the services are either not registerd or not satisfied. I think I had some problems here as the bundle was started but not really working. And then other bundles started to use the services which then failt.
As soon as SCR was up and running everything was fine.

And I think there were similar issues with the configadmin service. So I put all bundles implementing stuff from the OSGi compendium into the corebundles section which prevents potential problems.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]