Hello Joshua,

You can authenticate the JCR session by adding the parameter
"sling:authRequestLogin" (details in [1]) to a request. So, for instance,
you can access your content with the URL

http://localhost:8888/content/mynode.html?sling:authRequestLogin

and the user will be prompted by credentials, which will be used to login to
the JCR session. Then you can use the access control features of JCR
(Section 6.9 of the specification) to prevent unauthorized access to your
resource without proper authentication.

Kind regards,

Douglas

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/extensions/httpauth/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/httpauth/impl/AuthorizationHeaderAuthenticationHandler.java

--
Douglas Jose
http://douglasjose.com

- "Use free software. Help us make a free world."