Hi,

Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Mike Müller <mike...@mysign.ch> wrote:
>> ...Have you in mind to give users something more stable than the real
>> snapshot if the build the standalone app or the web app?
>> At the moment I use the launchpad app as the base for my tests.
>> But I would like to do the tests with the latest sling source.
>> So if my assumption about your doubt is right, maybe we should
>> include another profile (something like "snapshot" or "dev") in
>> the pom which would include latest source....
>
> Contrary to the other bundles which IMHO should reference stable stuff
> as long as they don't need bleeding edge, the launchpad/testing
> application is meant to point to snapshots all the time, to test the
> latest stuff.

It is not like this ;-)

The launchpad/bundles module is the canonical reference of what gets
tested and what gets included in the next release. This is good as it is.

The launchpad/testing module actually does not directly refer to the
launchpad/bundles or any other module but rather includes the contents
of the launchpad/war module and thus runs integration tests on what is
intended to the contained in the next release. This is also good IMHO.

> So you could use that webapp for your tests, starting it with mvn jetty:run.

The long the more, I am unsure whether the current way of launching the
integration tests (using cargo and the jetty plugin) is correct. I am
currently more inclined to something like running the standalone JAR.

Since to the general public, I assume the standalone JAR is more
interesting that the web application. YMMV.

> I haven't checked if it's pointing to snapshots though, if it's not we
> should changed it.

It doesn't and it shouldn't, IMHO. The launchpad/bundles is the
canonical source as explained above. And as such the launchpad/bundles
should be updated as appropriate. I created SLING-972 to help track this.