On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ....Contrary to the other bundles which IMHO should reference stable stuff
>> as long as they don't need bleeding edge, the launchpad/testing
>> application is meant to point to snapshots all the time, to test the
>> latest stuff.
>
> It is not like this ;-)
>
> The launchpad/bundles module is the canonical reference of what gets
> tested and what gets included in the next release. This is good as it is....

Why would we want to test or release anything other than the current trunk?

IMHO all the launchpad modules need to use the latest available
version of all bundles, especially launchpad/testing to make sure
continuous integration is testing all the bleeding edge stuff. Not
doing this means possibly missing regressions.

> ...The launchpad/testing module actually does not directly refer to the
> launchpad/bundles or any other module but rather includes the contents
> of the launchpad/war module and thus runs integration tests on what is
> intended to the contained in the next release. This is also good IMHO....

But the launchpad/war module uses launchpad/bundles, right? So
launchpad/testing does refer to launchpad/bundles, indirectly.

-Bertrand