Hi, I've restored files from yesterday backup on tank...
Now each user (except bellard, erjo and pankso) lands in a chroot sandbox on tank (and mirror BTW). I hope nobody will break SliTaz main servers anymore ! The main problem is the build bot now. I think SliTaz 4.0 will be delayed for months: WE NEED urgently a web page to know the packages building state. SliTaz cannot rely on one (or two) user(s) using obscure tools in there home directory ! 1- give all necessary informations to update bb.slitaz.org sections (summary, report, cooklist, unbuilt, corrupted, blocked, last cooked packages, last removed packages, last cooked flavors ...) and to build a cron bot. 2- update www.slitaz.org, doc.slitaz.org and /usr/share/doc documentation. 3- maintain old bb compatibility until 4.0 release in .tazpkg file. We should be at the end of release tests, and we have no stable build process yet ! -pascal > I reboot only when no one else was on it. I also checked with htop to make > sure before i rebooted. It was mostly done to free up the ram so vm will > not > crash. > > I did have ssh access this week when tank.slitaz.org just when down. It > was > best to reboot then or lost a day of hosting. It did work for a view days > at > least. I think i forgot to check the ram when build virtualbox-ose. I had > to > build it twice cause tazwok-experimental just forgot the variables for > like > $src and $WOK. First time i had that problem like that with the newer > script. > > Anyway, I'm working on something like maybe local network mirror of > slitaz. > I started to look for ways to fix the website for local hosting on network > loop. I also believe we should have a mirror of doc.slitaz.org. Even on > like > hg.slitaz.org or bitbucket. This will allow a local copy of slitaz full > docs > website. > > I also have a iso of experimental working very good so far. I did have to > fix libsdl to have opengl support since it depends libglu-mesa to > enable/detect opengl. (I know another problem that wouldn't be on cooking > tank. But at least we know what it depends on instead of throwing depends > at > a wall to see what sticks to it.) > > I'm very sorry for the problems i have cause. > > PS I'm hope if modular slitaz works right we can set it up has a failsafe > for tank. We may need to make a module or two to get some of permissions > right for host it but everything else can be in a changes folder on the > hard > drive. May save some of the headaches if there is a backup livecd in vm > running instead of a hard drive image that could be screwed up if someone > doesn't know what there doing. (Like me) > > On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Julien Rabier <[email protected]> wrote: > >> I don't know what you've done Christopher, but tank is quite messed up >> right now ... >> >> I think you should think twice before doing (stupid) things for now. >> Like rebooting when you want, removing chroots, stopping compilations, >> messing with bellard and pankso initial setup without telling someone >> and without asking before. >> >> Anyway, right now, I've managed to reboot it by myself but I cannot >> login with ssh anymore. >> >> VNC still working so the only one who can repair are pankso, bellard and >> erjo I think. >> >> I'm quite tired of this situation ... of this mess and of the lack of >> communication. >> >> ----- Forwarded message from Christopher Rogers <[email protected]> >> ----- >> >> Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 02:39:57 +0000 >> From: Christopher Rogers <[email protected]> >> To: [email protected] >> Subject: Tank needs a physical reboot >> >> Looks like tank needs a physical reboot. I was trying to reboot though >> ssh >> but its not working. Also top and htop are not working too. >> >> I'm sorry about this. The only good news is tank is not down. Also >> Gokhlayeh thinks it maybe happening cause tazwok-experimental used -j5 >> on >> tank. He said it works fine on native hardware. >> >> PS I have fixed tank by myself these last few days by just reboot it >> when >> ram start to have over 2gb+ used. So i have saved you from having to >> fix >> this a few times at least. >> >> ----- End forwarded message ----- >> >> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- >> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux) >> >> iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJNUkeNAAoJEH7pNufaG1AWZAUH/3wT0v88DRGSWjkeeNCRj1Cy >> jjwHX8XaCSMZHr4X1vp6mw8cvz+by5ZhotIQC9x6GvbIsKP+4nRDli08UWNOaEZT >> 8LqIxTYIF5Lt0rplFqcDH23vMDA9IVzleUc4WxVUyLg5zw26ImgYPOn3YmEdOSDp >> QPb3N0RkyOMpDTzvGqTgrJeVtrgJ1bCvpHJDzLxDkJwM8Wk5tnRLpjlAj0WcvEFF >> xmpqiJdS3Uwl8/4jBeOpD15ytlvZYuC+8XoQY5ZUjLXre/zMUcF5MeQCPq8KgsGm >> HQyc4znc4eJdjwwODHWhTMLUF2s9hEw6Jhrn6RNCc7GePgNiThtMkrhSSNXRVyg= >> =OrT0 >> -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- >> >> > --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

