On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:10:49 +0000 Paul Issott <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, I've had to think long and hard about editing some of these docs in > http://doc.slitaz.org/en:devnotes:start (but like the others I don't see > the point of having: 2 woks, 2 tazwoks, 2 scratchbooks, etc)? It only > creates confusion and nobody knows exactly what they're supposed to > doing. Hi, I created devnotes for information which only concern current cooking, it should be merged into doc at next release and still there for next cooking. I was thinking that we can't put on main handook/cookbook information only true for cooking, and erase stable doc. I initially created it to push docs about new version of xorg-server, which have a different behavior and configuration than the one into stable. 2 woks: we don't have two woks anymore, it seems that it's precisely the problem; some peoples are currently working a lot to disolve this problem. 2 tazwoks: I don't need so much time to finalize the one I'm currently maintain (tazwok-experimental) and push it as "tazwok" 2 scratchbooks: The "real" scratchbook is about how SliTaz was created and nobody seems to want to update it to make it match current available version of packages, so I watch it like a precious historic book: it contains some valuable information :) So, I think that even if someone update it, we should keep this one as it is for this reason. The second scratch"book" I'm preparing is about how to compile partial/whole SliTaz repository from scratch. I think it can be usefull for contributors/hackers, it's also a way to explain how tazwok-experimental works and a way to satisfy peoples asking for an up-to-date scratchbook. Note that it's not really a book at this time, and it focus on something quite different than "real" scratchbook (both in methodology and goal). The fact is, when I'm not writing doc, I'm improving the scripts, making doc obsolete. I'm currently working hard on both tasks to make a release of scripts/docs really consistent. -- GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]> --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

