Hi all, So you may have ready in TazWok/bb thread that I started a new project called: cookutils
The goal is clear: KISS tools to build packages. The cookutils will cook packages but will not do the diner for you! You receipt quality is important. This project is born because Tazwok as become a huge script that can rebuild SliTaz from scratch, it's cool, an incredible job have been done, but Tazwok dont feet most SliTaz developers needs. Also we struggling for month on our main server Tank to make Tazwok work, but not inuff people understand the code and can help debug and we still have bugs. I DONT want to revert changes, Tazwok is now a tool I would never be able to code since the task is very complex and it have it place in SliTaz as the: SliTaz from scratch builder. Now, cookutils is young but can already cook all well done and standard receipt and is usable for package creation and developement. I wrote a complet guide who will be part of the default installation (I want an official guide, Wiki is for complementary doc). The README and the doc: http://hg.slitaz.org/cookutils/raw-file/tip/README http://hg.slitaz.org/cookutils/raw-file/tip/doc/cookutils.en.html I'm aware of many bugs and many things are done each hours so if you install the cookutils, think to frenqently update your repo to use last code. Note also that some receipt will never build like they are now, we will fix them when cookutils will be running on Tank. A preview of the web interface with a build failed example (the goal is to get debug info easily): http://people.slitaz.org/~pankso/cgi-bin/cooker.cgi http://people.slitaz.org/~pankso/cgi-bin/cooker.cgi?pkg=foomatic-db-engine Tu use the cookutils: $ hg clone http://hg.slitaz.org/cookutils $ cd cookutils $ make install Folow the guide in doc/cookutils.en.html - Christophe --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

