> I changed these deps because Tazwok was camplaining about not
finding them.
I'm highly wary of getting caught in the crossfire, but as IcedTea
and JDK/JRE have been mentioned several times, I feel somewhat drug
into this as I was involved with a lot of the initial work to get
IcedTea and a number of its many dependencies built. IcedTea has a
high number of dependencies and has proven to be a bit finicky when
it comes to building (not to mention the amount of time it takes to
build). IcedTea is a fully open source implementation of Java, which
allows for including Java functionality in a regular SliTaz package
instead of needing to use a get-* package. Building IcedTea requires
use of the "PROVIDE" variable because other open source projects are
used to provide pieces of JDK and/or JRE functionality until IcedTea
was able to bootstrap itself. The references to jdk and jre packages
were by design to facilitate the bootstrapping process.
All I know is that it did build with the original tazwok; I have yet
to try it with the new tazwok. As such, I have nothing to say about
either the new tazwok or the cookutils; all I'm saying is that I
think IcedTea's receipt is more complex than the typical package
receipt. From an outside perspective, though, if the new tazwok
complained about not finding dependencies, I'm inclined to wonder
what changed and caused the IcedTea builds to break, because it
should have worked with its original dependency listing.