Le Fri, 6 May 2011 08:54:43 +0000, Christopher Rogers <[email protected]> a écrit :
> The new cookutils i found on tank server is going to make tank > special like ed again. Me and GoKhlaYeh worked hard on tazwok and now > since pankso doesn't get it or can debug it he is make a fork that is > more in line with the older tazwok and tazbb. Some things need to > happened if cookutils is to every be used > > 1) Logs have to be same has in tazwok. Error messages are not has > clear as with tazwok. > > 2) cooker needs to build everything from scratch like tazwok does. If > it can't do that don't put on tank. You will just break the packages > or have bugs/depends will happened that wouldn't happen with tazwok. > > 3) Wok is depend on tazwok. So if you use cookutils you will need to > make a wok-cookutils repo. No reverse in wok can happen that will > break it with tazwok. Otherwise we will have to do number 2 anyways. Of course, that what you did when you start working with tazwok-experimental ? > > Please understand that I'm mad at you for making this and not > learning from tazwok. All i can see you doing it reverse writing > tazwok to become cookutils. And that best thing i can hope for to do > with cookutils. (Of cause you will then fork it again cause you will > not understand it). > > Just make sure this will work on tank and home users. If tank and > home users cookutils work different or the build packages don't have > same depends then cookutils will fail what i have in mind. > > We need tank to be build for home users and developers. What your > doing will break that idea. Don't make tank have become some magic > box again where things are build differently then on home systems. WE need ? I don't need to rebuild everything from scratch. I don't want to have a buildhost at home. I just need a simple tool for cooking and maintainded packages. Tank is A magic box where everythings must build smoothly. If my package didn't build properly on Tank or contain useless dependences, not a problem. I am starting again and I worked on, that's my pleasure. I do not need or want that Tazwok guess what i wanted to do. > > PS Sorry for the rant. But i need to get it out. PS: I don't need to have a fast car. Just one that can bring me where i want to go. One where i can change the wheel without being a kind of super guru... --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

