I'll admit, I haven't read all the e-mails, only the last 20, so this might be a little half-informed and half-arsed but here goes.
I agree with Indigo. There is a need for clear direction. There are many projects out there that try to focus on a single principle like GNOME or KISS which end up sucking because each developer and contributor has their own definition of what each principle means. This leads to them contradicting each other and removing essential features for 'the sake of the principle'. Xchat-gnome is a good (or bad?) example of this happening. Hence the argument that we need more direction. Maybe a monthly meeting on IRC or wherever with a bot logging the conversation for later. I could probably setup such a script for TBot and then just do a quick conversion of the text to HTML so I can upload it somewhere for everybody to view. We can then structure a wiki page somewhere where we can add points that need to be discussed and work from there. We could also maybe write up a code of conduct or generally what we mean with each concept. Like what we expect from developers or contributors. What we mean with KISS and how to implement it. Basic pages like that to avoid confusion. We can also decide on what should be goals of SliTaz and how to implement them. This way it avoids confusion, disagreements and arguments later on. Just a thought though. --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

