Hi Christopher, > I started a bit of a fork with cookutils and tazdev. This is only > cause you don't want any of my features in that are in tazwok to be > in cookutils. I'm posting cause you did respond to my 3 emails in > 'fixes for cookutils' thread. That was 2 days ago. I want you know i > have made some great progress with my-cookutils repo.
It's quiet special like situation since a few weeks ago I was a devil with my cookutils, we had a lot of discussions and a blocked situation on Tank with Tazwok. I did cookutils to fix all that and by the way found huge bug in the way packages was done. Today I improved the packages list creation and make cook handle flavors files, this means we are going to sync mirror and we can plan on a new cooking. You know my point of view and it will not change. I let you the full hand on Tazwok and you can benefit of the project infrastructure to host project you like, such as the source DVD. Cookutils was a dramma when you founded it, now you want to use it... improve it, etc. Why not use the powerfull tazwok ? Dont anser I broke the wok... As you know cookutils rebuild 96% of packages a first time and now we have 50 unbuilt on 3012. So cook does the job for tank, me and a fewcontributors and it is stable for what it does. So they will not be much new stuff, hopefully and propably some small fixes and ajustement but now we must pave the road to 4.0. > 1) I have gen-wok-db and gen-cooklist working in cook now. We need > gen-cooklist for building custom source dvd that everything you need > to rebuild everything for that custom repo. So tazwok depends loops > will still be a problem with wok even if tazwok is ended. Make them independant with a custom script such as 'gen-src-db'. This code is only used for custom DVD and special case it dont have it place in a daily tool. > 2) I added look_for_cookopt funciton to get COOK_OPT working. > https://bitbucket.org/godane/my-cookutils/changeset/92e60051cce7 All packages are now build without using these options, so it means they are unseless. Feature more you introduces empty packages and !fs BUT we have from a long time the "meta" category for empty packages, look like I modified jdk6-jaxp for example, no need of COOK_OPTS, !fs !repack and the code to handle that. Just put meta in category and a dummy function genpkg_rules > 3) Added support to use pkglist without building anything. This is > good for the source dvd and for people that just want to custom repos > of there cache. > > https://bitbucket.org/godane/my-cookutils/changeset/ff2e37df34d8 > A fixed for the above patch too: > https://bitbucket.org/godane/my-cookutils/changeset/2450e552fa37 Ok I will ckeck that it can be usefull if no wok. > 4) Make --getsrc repack source if it its enable in cook.conf. > https://bitbucket.org/godane/my-cookutils/changeset/efceee01a2bd I already include some code from you about that. I have to change it ? - Christophe --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

