GoKhlaYeh: So it's morally and ethically right to have pankso spend hours a day working on something free of charge while he struggles to pay his bills? Is it morally and ethically right to have Pascal sponsor so much resources for us, without even getting a mention for his company? Is it so morally and ethically wrong that you're doing all this just so you can feel morally and ethically superior.
I don't think you grasp the costs that go into this. Some of us live paycheck to paycheck. My own inability to help with testing is because I am unemployed and near broke. I don't expect payment from SliTaz nor do I make things because I want it. Anything I make or change I do in my free time, probably no less than 30 minutes a day. Compare to that the hours of work pankso puts in. It's time he does not work to generate income. It's money he loses, which allows him to keep tank running and put food on his table. Donations and Sponsorships allow pankso to dedicate more time to SliTaz. Having our developers be paid for their time, even in small amounts or gifts like a T-shirt, means they can dedicate more time to SliTaz too. That in my book is a Good Thing. Argue all you want, but many developers in the Linux community live off donations, sponsorships and paid professional help and versions. This isn't about morality or being ethical. It's about you being right and superior. -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

