>Here's a strange thing; I have a couple of scripts; for flushing mail in
>and out when my wife or I am dialled up. The fecthmail command in the
>script fails, but the same command run from the command line works!
>
>There's no I/O redirection (input or output) going on.
>
>The details follow. At one point the script ends up doing this, below.
>Note the extra read() after reading the whole of /etc/passwd. That seems to
>be what causes the problem:
>
>+ /usr/bin/strace /usr/bin/fetchmail -u kendall -p POP3 mail.zeta.org.au
>.... leading to ...
You are probably expecting that calling fetchmail as root and giving
the -u kendall will fetch kendall's mail. I have my doubts about this.
What I find works is to do:
su -c fetchmail kendall
i.e. run fetchmail as kendall, not root.
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text