Tim Sutton wrote:
> 
> Hi All
> 
> I am trying to set up user web dirs e.g. http://xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa/~username
> on RH6.0 / Apache. I set the userdir to html_pub in srm.conf and created a
> directory (logged in as the user) in the user's home dir called html_pub.
> 
> When I try and browse to that dir, I get access denied everytime. What am
> I doing wrong / what should the permissions be on html_pub?

Did you stop and start (not reload) apache.
Did you create a web page and save it as index.html or link index.html
to the page you created?


--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}} Ph(02) 4627 2186 Fax(02) 4628 7861  
   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au  
   WOA Computer Services <lan/wan, linux/unix, novell>
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.

 "People without trees are like fish without clean water"
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to