/var/log/httpd/error_log and access_log are your friends. They should tell
you why it can't return the result you expected.  

Make sure that the html_pub directory has world read and executable.
(Otherwise you'll get a 403 error). If you don't have directory browsing
enabled for httpd then you should have a world readable index.html in that
directory as well.

Martin

Martin Visser
Technology Consultant - Compaq Services

Compaq Computer Australia
410 Concord Road
Rhodes, Sydney NSW 2138
Australia

Phone: +61-2-9022-5630
Mobile: +61-411-254-513
Fax:+61-2-9022-7001
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tim Sutton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Monday, 17 January 2000 8:34
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [SLUG] Setting up http user dirs 
> 
> 
> Hi All
> 
> I am trying to set up user web dirs e.g. 
> http://xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa/~username on
> RH6.0 / Apache.
> 
> I set the userdir to html_pub in srm.conf and created a 
> directory (logged in as
> the user) in the user's home dir called html_pub.
> 
> When I try and browse to that dir, I get access denied 
> everytime. What am I
> doing wrong / what should the permissions be on html_pub?
> 
> Many thanks,
> 
> Tim Sutton
> South Africa
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
> 
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to